The Busby SEO Challenge is one of the most popular search engine optimization contests in the world. As the challenge for top SEOs heats up, various website optimization techniques are being used to achieve the ultimate goal – to rank #1 in Google by August 31, 2008.
With lucrative cash prizes at stake, the Busby SEO Challenge is a great avenue for some healthy competition. Showcasing SEO skills in this prestigious contest has one overriding requirement, which is best in the eyes of Google. Why? How?
Google is the largest search engine that holds the majority of the online market. It is used to provide “top results” for various other search engines. Additionally, Google provides its “Paid Results Ads” to search engines such as HotBot, Ask Jeeves, Lycos, AOL Search, and Netscape.
Ranking high in Google is different from being indexed by Google Spider, the GoogleBot. A website may have been indexed by the Googlebot, but ranking in the top 10 results for a particular keyword is another story. This is the essence of the Busby SEO Challenge.
When joining SEO competitions such as the International Busby SEO Challenge, it is imperative to understand what Google wants – as it is the primary determinant of which sites stand out from the crowd. A key thing to consider is that Google only looks at the quality of web pages linked to each site. So, to get the most relevant search results, link quality matters more to Google than link popularity. This tip is the single most important way to rank well in all crawler-based search engines.
As winning the Busby SEO Challenge is a major confidence booster and a lifetime achievement, it takes a lot of skill and courage. Aspiring SEOs must go through a painstaking process – a supreme test of skill and patience.
Here are some tips that Busby SEO Challenge applicants should maximize their efforts on:
* Ensure you have valuable content for Google searchers. Focus on keywords or key phrases that are unique to the content of the site. This will ensure a more targeted visitor from Google.
* Build only quality links. Promoting site pages to relevant portals that accept external links is a good way to build links to sites, especially those that rank higher in Google. Link exchanges with top Google sites that rank well are also essential. Google gives a different ranking for each of the pages of the site, so it is important to optimize the entire website.
* Optimization using the best keywords that appear in the title, meta tags and content.
*Keep track of the ranking in contention in Google. This is beneficial to scan the site periodically.
* Tracking indexed pages. To know if a certain page is already indexed by Google and to evaluate it if this is not the case.
* Link Popularity or tracking of sites linked to competing sites.
The Busby SEO Challenge undoubtedly opens an arena for top-notch SEOs globally. No one can predict or judge which website may rise to the top, as only Googlebot holds the final verdict.