With a little effort, you can manage your website, SEO tools, and pay-per-click tools, and generate literally as many targeted, pre-qualified leads for your website as you want.
But be warned… If you want consistent ranking success, you can’t afford to “leave it to chance” and just hope for the best.
There are some basic search engine optimization methods that you can implement on your website to increase your popularity in search engines.
Here are three simple tips that can help your website get more search engine traffic.
1 META TAGS ARE REALLY IMPORTANT! META tags are essential when creating web pages. The various search engines “crawl” the Internet and will only index your web pages in their listings if:
– – Title
– – The description
– – And the keywords are “search engine friendly”
So let’s see how to make sure they are…
– – Your title tag should reflect your main keyword and be no longer than 60 characters.
– – Your description tag must also include your main keyword and have a maximum of 150 characters. Remember that a human will read your description tag, so try to include a reason why they are visiting your site.
– – Your keyword tag must be a maximum of 874 characters and your keywords must be related to your body text.
REMARKS: Don’t place HUNDREDS of keywords in your keyword tag. This is called “keyword spamming” and can cause your site to be taken down faster than you can say spam.
2 LINKS! The more inbound links you have to your website, the better – especially if those links are from websites with a PR (Page Rank) of 4 or more.
Major search engines, including Google, MSN, and Yahoo, will rank your site higher in their listings based on the amount of “quality” inbound links from other sites.
In addition to search engine rankings, you will also receive direct additional information from the various sites you link to. If you get a prominent link from a popular site, it can lead to literally thousands of additional visitors per month.
Simple ways to get more inbound links:
1) Write articles focused on keywords in your niche market and submit them to various article directories.
2) Use quality automated software to help you request reciprocal links from other webmasters.
3) Get some eBooks written or some decent software created on RentACoder.com or Elance.com, then USE THE PHONE and call other webmasters in your niche. Offer them reprint rights to the e-books or software IF they place a permanent one-way link from their site to yours.
REMARKS: Hardly anyone does that! When I first started on the Internet, I wrote a 12 page report and received literally THOUSANDS of dollars in advertising in return for offering webmasters and Ezine publishers reprint rights.
3. DIRECTORY AND SEARCH ENGINE SUBMISSIONS: You should submit your website to directories like dmoz and search engines like Google, MSN, and Yahoo.
There are over a thousand search engines and directories other than the top 3 search engines (Yahoo, MSN and Google).
Getting listed in other search engines and directories will get you more links to your website and increase your link popularity.
The key to making all of this work in your business is to “do something every day”.
Over time, your site will get more and more visitors and if your sales copy is correct, you will make more and more sales.